Your bill is issued with a maximum of twelve instalments - payable monthly (as required by the law governing Business Rates). Details of how to pay are shown on your Business Rates Bill.
Please note that the Civic Centre does not offer a cash receipting service, please make your payment using one of the other methods detailed below.
By Direct Debit through your bank/building society
Direct Debit is the Council's preferred method of payment. Direct Debit is an automated method of paying your bills. The Council will arrange for your Bank or Building Society to transfer your payments direct to the Council.
Why change to Direct Debit?
- It gives you a choice of dates on which to pay.
- It is a more convenient way to pay.
- It helps you budget for the future.
- It saves you money on postage and stationery.
- It avoids travelling expenses and queuing.
- You do not have to complete a new form every year unless you change Bank or Building Society or move to a new property.
- You will be notified at least ten working days before an amount is debited.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time.
- All payments are governed by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
The Direct Debit Guarantee:
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
- If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, Cannock Chase Council will notify you at least 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed
- If an error is made by Cannock Chase Council or your Bank or Building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
- You can cancel a Direct debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
If you currently pay by any other method and wish to change to Direct Debit simply phone the Business rates section on 01543 464282 and a member of the team will be able to take the relevant details from you.
Alternatively, print, complete and sign the Direct Debit Form below and post it to:
Local Taxation and Benefits Section
Cannock Chase Council
PO Box 28
How we use your personal information
The information that you have provided will be used by Cannock Chase Council, as the data controller, to update your Non-Domestic Rate account. We will only share your information, when necessary, with agencies involved in the administration of your account, or where the law requires or allows us to. For further information, please see www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/PrivacyNotice
You may pay online securely
Please click here to use this system.
Send your payment to:
Local Taxation and Benefits
Cannock Chase Council
PO Box 28
Please write your Bill Reference Number on the reverse of your cheque. (DO NOT send cash through the post). Cheques should be made payable to Cannock Chase Council.
By personal visit
Payments by cheque can be made by personal visit to any of the Council's Offices. Please note that cash payments can not be accepted:
- Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock
- Anson Street, Rugeley
- Hednesford Library, Market Street, Hednesford
By Credit or Debit Card
You can pay either over the Internet using our on-line payments facility or by telephoning the 24hr automated telephone number on 0161 621 4113 or 01543 215 020 or ring 01543 464 282 during office hours of 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.
Through your Bank or Building Society
Please quote your Account Reference Number, the Council's Account Number 33154335, Barclays Bank plc, Sort Code 20-81-18.
Please note payments may take up to 10 working days to credit your Business Rates account.
Last Updated: 18/05/2018