We are now publishing several sets of 'open data'.
Greater transparency of public bodies is at the heart of enabling the public to hold politicians and public bodies to account.
Where public money is involved there is a fundamental public interest in being able to see how it is being spent.
The sections listed below hold various sets of data that you can download and/or view.
Using our data
All data on this site is subject to the Open Government Data Licence, details of which can be found at http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence.
Spending / Invoices over £500
We are now publishing details of items that we spend over £500 to improve openness and transparency in public spending.
We aim to publish data monthly.
The data is taken directly from the Council's financial management system, and is presented in a raw 'CSV' format. You can open this file type using various software packages including Microsoft Excel. This format therefore allows the data to be interrogated easily.
The reports show several items of information for each entry.
The information contained for each entry (along with the 'key') is shown below:
|Field name within file||Field description|
|Service_Area_Categorisation||Service to which the spend has been allocated|
|Service_Division_Categorisation||General service area to which this service fits within the Council's provision|
|The management area responsible for that service|
|Expenses_Type||General expenditure type|
|Detailed_Expenses_Type||Type of expenditure that this spend has been allocated to.|
|Expense_Code||Code used by the Council to depict the Expenditure type|
|Narrative||A description of spend|
|Date||Date of payment|
|Transaction_Number||Reference used by the Council to identify this spend|
|SumOfAmount_Inc_VAT||Amount allocated to that service and expenditure type including VAT|
|SumOfAmount_Exc_VAT||Amount allocated to that service and expenditure type excluding VAT|
|Capital_Revenue||Reference as to whether the spend is on the Revenue Account, Balance Sheet or a Capital Scheme|
|Supplier_Name||Name of the supplier who the Council procured the goods / service from|
|Supplier_ID||Reference within the Financial Management System for the Supplier|
|Contract_ID||Link to any current contracts (currently N/A)|
There are some items of expenditure that are excluded from the reports. These are:
- Payments of less than £500
- Banking investments
- Payroll Information
- Severance Payments
- Settlement and Compensation Payments
Where a payment is to an individual or a sole trader, the name of the individual has been removed as this information is protected under the Data Protection Act 1998. Approval for publication of their names has been sought and may be released at a later date should they agree.
Where payments under £500 appear in a report, this will be either because once the VAT element is included the total is more than £500, or because an invoice for more than £500 has been broken down across different areas of expenditure.
This data is freely re-usable under the same terms as data.gov.uk recommend.
The 'CSV' format uses a standard column width and not all entries may be completely visible. To view all the data, you will need to expand the columns. You can do this by selecting all the cells in the file (the grey box beside column A and above row 1), and then clicking on Format > Column > AutoFitSelection.
Any requests for more details about these items will be dealt with under freedom of information requests.
Using our data
All data on this site is subject to the Open Government Data Licence, details of which can be found athttp://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence
Senior Officer Salary Disclosure
Publication of remuneration details for senior management
As part of the 'open data' agenda Cannock Chase Council is now publishing certain data sets online.
One of these sets of information comprises the job titles and salaries of senior officers.
Senior managers' salaries are expressed in terms of £5,000 bands (as per the Information Commissioner's Office guidance on this matter), The chief executive and directors' salaries are disclosed as exact figures.
Organisation Structure and Pay
Location of Public Land and Buildings
An interactive map of the district is available to view.
It includes various 'layers' including public buildings and land.
Access interactive mapping here (New system currently under construction)
To view land and buildings
1. Click the link above
2. From the drop down menu top right, select 'public services'
3. Select 'Layers' tab on bottom right menu
4. Click the arrow next to 'public services'
5. Select 'Council Land' and 'Sold' check boxes.
You can then zoom into the map to view information.
The Council's Financial Position
Business Rates Credits Balances
Please follow the link below for
- Companies and organisations which have overpaid Business Rates in respect of a particular financial year (Credit Balances)
- Business rate payers including charge detail and address information
- Business rates - New Occupiers
Land and Property Assetts
For a copy of the Council's land and and property assets at this point please contact Property services on 01543 464447
Details of our existing waste collection contract is shown below.
Reference No. s-pla-078
Title of Agreement: Kerbside Recycling Contract
Local Authority Department Responsible: Housing & Waste
Description of Service: Kerbside Collection of Dry Recycling
Supplier Name: Biffa Municipal Waste Services
Sum: £660,000 p.a.
Start & End Dates: 1st April 2005 - 31st March 2010
Extension Option: 1st April 2010 - 31st March 2015
Contract Result of: Invitation to Tender
VEAT Extension: 1st April 2015 - 31st March 2016
VEAT Reference No: 2014/S 190-335615 - 2014/S 157-283376
Trade Union Facility Time
Trade Union Facility Time 2015/16
Under the Local Government (Transparency Requirements) Regulations 2014 we are required to publish certain information concerning Trade Union Facility Time. That information is found below:
1. Cannock Chase Council has representatives from UNISON, UCATT and GMB
2. There are no full time trade union officials within the Council.
3. The total number of employees who are trade union representatives is as follows:
- UNISON 5 People (5 Full Time Equivalents)
- GMB 1 Person (1 Full Time Equivalent)
- UCATT 6 People (6 Full Time Equivalents) (including 1 Union Learning Representative)
4. No trade union representative spends more than 50% of their time undertaking trade union responsibilities
5. Trade union activity in the work place amounts to approximately 18 weeks per annum across all of the trade unions at an estimated cost of £9018.36 per annum based on the average salary of all representatives
6. Spending on trade union activity represents approximately 0.074% of the total pay bill for the Authority for 2015/16 (extrapolated to year end)
Assets of Community Value
Part 5, Chapter 3, of the Localism Act 2011 ('the Act'), and the Assets of Community Value ( England ) Regulations 2012 ('the 2012 Regulations') together deliver the 'Community Right to Bid' scheme.
This scheme gives communities the opportunity to:
- Identify assets of community value;
- Have the assets registered with the District Council, and;
- When the assets are put up for sale, allow communities more time to raise finance and prepared bids for the assets
The Register of Assets of Community Value can be found on this website at: http://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/council/your-community/assets-community-value
Last Updated: 08/03/2017