We issue Completion Certificates to certify that the Council is satisfied that the work complies with the relevant requirements of the Building Regulations, in so far as we have been able to ascertain. For this reason, it is very important that we are called in to inspect various stages of work as it progresses. You will be advised of these stages on a blue card that is sent out with the notification of approval (with or without conditions) of your application.
In particular you are required to notify us at the following stages of work:
- commencement of work
- excavations for foundations
- foundations constructed (concrete poured, brick/blockwork commenced)
- damp-proof course is laid
- oversite ready for concrete (with damp proof membrane laid if appropriate)
- drains laid and visible for checking layout and construction
- drains backfilled and ready for testing for water tightness
- final and satisfactory completion of building works.
A Completion Certificate is a valuable document that should be kept safe (preferably with your deeds) as without it you may have difficulty selling your property.
Last Updated: 09/01/2018