This team is responsible for dealing with the Council's statutory responsibilities towards private sector housing. This team employs Environmental Health Officers to assist in the enforcement work. The team works closely with Revival Care & Repair to deliver private sector residential assistance.
Functions that the team carries out:
- Enforcement action to maintain satisfactory standards in private residential properties (includes caravan sites, canal boats and Gypsy sites) and carrying out new operating protocol for inspections and action under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Enforcement action on residential drainage
- Managing the Disabled Facilities Grant - to adapt homes to allow people to stay in them
- Managing the Council's assistance to private owners to undertake urgent repairs - this includes an equity release scheme, loans scheme and handyman service.
- Home security measures to vulnerable people
- Dealing with empty properties in the district and bringing them back into use
We can provide help and assistance whether you are a tenant worried about the condition of the property in which you live or a landlord who would like to carry out repairs but is concerned about the cost. Houses which are occupied by two or more unrelated people are known as Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO's). See our Houses in Multiple Occupation Application Form and contact details below.
For more information please telephone 01543 462621
Or write to:
Private Sector Housing
Cannock Chase Council
Houses in multiple occupation application form
Houses in multiple occupation supporting notes
Last Updated: 23/11/2018