Keeping Streets Clean
Every year Cannock Chase Council cleans 350km of streets - picking up 2,050 tonnes of litter, and emptying 360 litter bins every week.
We all want to live in a litter free and clean environment, and give our streets a clean sweep, but we need to work together to achieve this.
Our aim is to:
- Litter Pick all streets at least once every 2 weeks, with shopping areas picked daily.
- Mechanically sweep the districts gutters once every 13 weeks and sweep town centers daily
- Remove litter and dog fouling.
- Empty street litter bins at least once a week and more often at shopping areas.
- Clear flytipping within 2.5 days of notification
Please help us by:
- Not dropping litter on the streets
- Disposing of waste in the proper place
- Not putting sharp objects such as needles in litter bins
- Telling us if you see an overflowing litter bin
Last Updated: 11/11/2015